Dairy Isle Potato Pavé (Fancy Scallop Potatoes)
Serves 10 -12 ppl
- 4 Tbsp Dairy Isle Salted Butter
- 1 Cup Finely Diced Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 5 lbs Thinly Sliced PEI Russet Potatoes
- 1 Bunch Fresh Thyme – Chopped
- 1 Cup Cooked Diced Bacon (reserve a sprinkle for garnish)
- 4 Cups Dairy Isle Evaporated Milk
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Dairy Isle Sharp Cheddar – Grated
- 2 Cups Dairy Isle Medium Cheddar – Grated
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley – Finely Chopped
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a large pot over medium heat melt the butter and then add onions and garlic and quickly sauté. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl pour the evaporated milk and water in together and add the chopped thyme as well as your cooled sauteed mixture of butter, onion and garlic.
- Place the sliced potatoes into the bowl and gently mix everything together.
- In a well-oiled casserole dish place a layer of potatoes across the bottom.
- Sprinkle a mixture of both cheeses thinly over the potatoes.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper and repeat the process layering potatoes, cheeses and parsley.
- On the final layer of potato finish all the remaining cheese and parsley and sprinkle the bacon over the top.
- Bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- Set aside to let cool slightly to allow for easier serving. Serve with Easter ham, turkey or roast beef dinner.