Serves 4 ppl
3 lbs PEI Potatoes
3 Cups Dairy Isle Sharp Cheddar
½ Cup Finely Diced Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Green Onion
Truffle Salt and Truffle Oil to Taste (both available at most retailers)
- Rinse PEI Potatoes in cold water.
- Cut potatoes into long thin strips.
- Pre-cook potato strips in fryer at 350 degrees until golden brown and remove from fryer and set aside. When ready to serve add the fries back to the fryer to crisp up.
- Season fries with truffle salt and truffle oil place on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle Dairy Isle Sharp Cheddar over top of fries.
- Place in an oven at 350 degrees until cheese starts to melt.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes and green onion.