- 6 Medium PEI Potatoes
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs Diced
- 1 Small Onion Finely Diced
- 1 Cup Celery Finely Diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- ½ Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 Can Dairy Isle Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/4 Cup Dairy Isle Butter
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Dairy Isle Sharp Cheddar Diced
- 1 Cup Cooked Diced Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Chives
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover them with water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook them until tender. Use a fork to test if they’re tender enough. Your fork should easily slide through the potato when they’re properly cooked.
- Cool the potatoes. Then peel them and chop them into two-inch cubes.
- Place the cooled diced potatoes into a bowl with the hard boiled eggs, onion, celery and salt and place back in fridge.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the two beaten eggs with the sugar, corn starch, salt, vinegar, evaporated milk and mustard. Cook on medium heat until it starts to thicken (8-10 mins). Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Place in the fridge until cool.
- Once the mixture is cooled, stir in the mayo and the cheddar. Mix gently.
- Pour the mixture over the chilled potatoes, onion and celery. Mix again to combine.
- Refrigerate over night for optimum flavor. Garnish with bacon and chopped chives just before serving.