- 4 Russet baked potatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Dairy Isle Cheddar
- Dairy Isle Mozzarella
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
- Rub the potatoes in olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the sea salt and bake for 1 hour, until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and bring to room temperature.
- Once cooled, remove the inside of the potato using a spoon, leaving ¼ inch from the skin.
- Add two inches of oil to a pan and fry the potato skins until golden.
- Stuff potato ½ with cheese sauce (recipe below), and top with lots of mozzarella and mild cheddar.
- Bake in a 350F oven on a baking pan until cheese is melted.
- Top with bacon bits, sour cream and green onions to serve.
Dairy Isle Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- ¼ Cup Dairy Isle Butter
- ¼ Cup flour
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups Dairy Isle Cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in flour and cook until golden.
- Add milk and stir until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.